Kalsarpa Yoga in Horoscope – Effects of Kala Sarpa Yogam
From Hindu Devotional Blog
Kalsarpa Yoga or Kala Sarpa Yogam, as per Hindu astrology, is a dreaded yoga found in a person’s horoscope where the person under the influence of this yog leads a very miserable life. ‘Kal’ means ‘Time’ and ‘Sarpa’ means ‘Snake or Serpent’. Kalsarp Yoga is so powerful that it can even cancel out all the good Yogas of your horoscope chart.
How Kalsarpa Yoga is formed
When some stars concentrate at a single particular position in the horoscope it is the conjunction of planets and in astrology it is termed as “yog”. Kalsarpa is formed when Rahu Graha is tainted. When Rahu is in a good position it brings good fortune.
Rahu and Lord Ketu are believed to be shadow planets. When all planets are hemmed between Rahu and Ketu Kalsarpa is formed. Lord Rahu and Ketu are placed opposite to each other at 180 degree and they don’t have any solid form and cannot be seen with naked eyes.
The Legend behind Kalsarpa Yoga
Kalsarpa is determined on the basis of the position of Rahu and Ketu in the birth chart. Rahu is considered the head of a snake and Kethu is considered the tail of the snake. Rahu is the North Lunar Mode and Ketu is the South Lunar Mode.
Lord Rahu was the son of Sinishka and Hiranya Kashyap. He went into the sea to drink the ‘amrit’ obtained from Samudramathan and when he was about to drink Lord Vishnu disguised as Mohini cut his head off. Later the north part was called as Rahu and the south part was called Ketu and they were made part of Navagraha.
Effects of Kalsarpa Yoga
- A lot of problems including mental restlessness and pessimistic thoughts until the age of 35.
- Some persons get addicted to bad habits or involve in illegal activities.
- Few [even] get separated from their families and may also be deceived by their relatives.
- Individuals often see snakes in their dreams.
Types of Kalsarpa Yoga
According to Vedic Astrology there are many types of Kalsarpa Yoga. However the below mentioned 12 types of Kalsarpa Yoga are most effective.
- Anant Kalsarpa Yoga
- Kulik Kalsarpa Yoga
- Vasuki Kalsarpa Yoga
- Sankhapal Kalasarpa Yog
- Padma Kalasarpa Yog
- Maha Padma Kalasarpa Yoga
- Takshak Kalsarpa Yoga
- Karkotak Kalsarpa Yoga
- Shankachood Kalsarpa Yoga
- Ghatak Kalsarpa Yoga
- Vishdhar Kalsarpa Yoga
- Sheshnag Kalsarpa Yoga
Kalsarpa Yoga Remedies or Parihara
There are several remedies for Kalsarpa Yoga Dosha. Some of them are
- Chanting Mahamrityunjaya Mantra
- Rudra Abhisheka Pooja during Surya Grahan and Chandra Grahan
- Kalasarpa Yajna
- Chanting Hanuman Chalisa
- Wearing Rings after consulting with Astrologer
- Visiting Rahu Temples and Ketu Temples
- Kalsarpa Shanti Pooja at Trambakeshwar
- Kala Sarpa Dosha Yajna at Kalahasthi Temple
- Kuja – Rahu Sandhi at Ghati Subramanya Temple
- Sarpa Samskara & Ashlesha Bali at Kukke Subramanya Temple